Friendly reminder that anyone born between 1985-1998 didn’t get their hogwarts letter because Voldemort’s ministry wiped out the record of muggleborns
Looking back, I know that everyone in the cast was, in essence, his or her character. What makes Jayne so Jayne is that Adam is Jayne. Jewel is a free spirit who was cast as a free spirit. Alan is a clever ass who questions authority. Ron once gave me the shirt off his back, Gina is alluring and powerful, Morena is elegant, Summer is grace, Sean owes me money. Off camera, I was able to spend my days with these people, and on camera, with their characters. I got to have them as friends twice. — Nathan Fillion (via classfirefly)
- White people: You have to wait for the facts before you talk about Ferguson!
- Eyewitnesses: He was on his knees with his hands up.
- Medical examiner: There was no gunpowder residue on Mike Brown, no sign of struggle, and there were entry wounds on the inside of his arms and the top of his head, implying he was on his knees with his hands up.
- Convenience store owner and clerk: There was no robbery and we didn't call the cops.
- Ferguson PD: Okay, we admit it, Wilson didn't know anything happened at the convenience store and we determined no crime was committed.
- White people: Nobody can say what happened! We still have to wait for the facts to come in!
You never get to the point where you think “I am the adult”, but you do get to the point where you think “I’ve dealt with this before.” The older you get, the higher and higher the percentage is of things you’ve already been through. Have you ever changed a tire? Had a flat tire? Someday, you might, and the next time it happens, you’ll know what to do, since you’ve already done it. — My dad. I’m 24, and asked if you ever shake the feeling of not being an adult, and this was his response. Probably the most comforting thing he could have said. (via sherlockw)
92,692 notes Source: uberwekkness #YES#i don't feel like an adult but i can handle a wiiiiiide variety of shit#it's weird and cool and exhilarating to look back over the last 12 years of my adult life#and to see what i've managed to survive and pull off#how different my life is now#how my 10 year old self would be astounded and so happy to see where 30 year old me wound up#it's not perfect#but i'd like to think she'd be happy#and then she'd get pissed that i haven't published yet#i'm sorry 10 year old mo#i'm working on it